Starfish Standout Volleyball Showcase | Event Information 2020
Event Date: Sunday, November 15th, 2020
Registration Fee: Early Bird Special $145 (September 14th - September 30th)
Registration $170 (After September 30th)
Registration Opens: September 14th, 2020
Eligible Student-Athletes: Currently enrolled female athletes grades 8th - 12th.
Event Location: Virginia Beach Sports Center | 1045 19th St, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Showcase Package: Lucky Dog Volleyball is happy to announce that this year when you register for one of our showcases you will receive an entire showcase package! What does this include? I’m so glad you asked. Our Lucky Dog Volleyball Showcase Package Includes:
- Registration Fee
- Participant Jersey: (Our participant jerseys are color and number specific and correlate to the position you play and the year you graduate. College recruiters LOVE this, and this is very unique to our showcase.)
- Showcase Participant Tee
- A Lucky Dog Volleyball Gift Card: Gift Card amounts will be totally random and range from $5-$25. The gift card can be used the day of the event at the Lucky Dog Volleyball Store.
- Recorded Interview Provided to College Recruiters: We are so excited about this new addition to our showcases! There is more to the recruiting process than just skill. Coaches want players who are going to fit their program. This interview will give colleges the opportunity to learn more about you.
- Baller TV Services: This will include free access for live streaming for this showcase, 1 free download, as well as access to the online video feed for 2 weeks. Subscriptions will be available for purchase to obtain additional footage.
- Get Seen: Baller TV allows college recruiters from every division from any part of the country to see you play.
- Top Dog Match: We will end each session of our showcase with a Top Dog Match. Our evaluators will pick top participants of the session to play in this high caliber match.
Session 1: 08:30am-11:30am (Check in 8:30am-9:00am)
Session 2: 11:45pm-02:45pm (Check in 11:45pm-12:15pm)
- 58 Outside
- 38 Middle
- 38 Libero
- 38 Setters
- 20 Opposites
Register online HERE. After you checkout (pay your registration fee), you will receive both a purchase confirmation email and a Welcome Email (within ~5 minutes) with additional details about the event. Be sure to check your spam folder.
- Student-athletes may not change their session nor selected position. Please select your session and the position you will play carefully, as you will be unable to make changes once you complete the registration process.
- Student-athletes may register for both sessions.
- The Registration fee of $170($145 for Early Bird) is refundable through October 11th, 2020. If the showcase is cancelled by Lucky Dog Volleyball due to COVID-19 a full refund will be issued. If a participant cancels due to COVID-19 all but $45 will be refunded.
- The information you enter into the registration form will be supplied directly to the coaches in attendance. Please complete your player profile information carefully, as it will not be edited prior to printing in the book.
- Student-athletes may request to be placed on the waiting list in the event that their desired position is full. Simply fill out the Waiting List form HERE.
08:30am-09:00am: Participant Check-in
09:00am–09:15am: Opening Announcements
09:15am-10:00am: Position Play
10:00am-11:30am: Team Play
11:45am - 12:15pm: Participant Check-in
12:15pm-12:30pm: Opening Announcements
12:30pm-01:15pm: Position Play
01:15pm-02:45pm: Team Play
What makes our showcase unique is our responsiveness to the needs of our student-athletes as well as collegiate coaches. In considering their requests and needs, we have developed a format that allows for the most effective and efficient use of time for all participants. In order to accomplish this, our staff is composed of highly trained experts in the volleyball community. Our Court Coaches provide guidance and instruction on the court during drill work and court play. Our Skill Evaluators evaluate each student-athlete to identify strengths, weaknesses and overall skill level, relative to the all participants.
During this portion of the showcase student-athletes will be divided into groups based on their registered position. Our Court Coaches will guide the student-athletes through a series of drills that are specific to their position.
During this portion of the showcase all student-athletes will be assigned to a court, based on their skill level as determined by their evaluation during team drills. Student-athletes may participate on multiple courts and multiple positions during this time, depending upon their actual performance during the sets.
TOP DOG MATCH
We will end each session of our showcase with a Top Dog Match. Our evaluators will pick top participants of the session to play in this high caliber match.
- Invite any college recruiters who have been in touch with you by sending them this free registration link here:
- Invite any of your teammates who may be interested in attending. Send them this registration link here:
Event History:The purpose of our showcase event is to connect coaches from the NCAA, NAIA, Junior Colleges and Community Colleges to high school student-athletes, by providing an opportunity for players to perform in front of college recruiters. Each year we host approximately 320 student-athletes and 50-75 volleyball coaches at the event. While we primarily host student-athletes from the south, we have had participants travel from as far away as Hawaii, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Florida. We are pleased to host student-athletes from anywhere in the world.
The participant (or legal guardian) acknowledges and accepts the risks inherent in the use of Lucky Dog Nation, Inc. services, equipment, and facilities occupied and operated by Lucky Dog Nation, Inc. and voluntarily assumes the risk of injury, accident, death, loss or cost of damage to his or her person or property which might arise from involvement with Lucky Dog Nation, Inc. and releases Lucky Dog Nation, Inc. and its operators and affiliates from all claims and liabilities.