QENY | Tournament Information
|Tournament Information||Teams||Schedule & Results||Tickets||Event Sponsors|
Quest for Excellence New Year's Tournament | Tournament Information
POSTPONED - MORE INFO TO COME SOON
QENY (pronounced “Kenny”) is sanctioned by USA Volleyball through the North Carolina Region.
QENY | Event Locations
Greensboro Coliseum– 14 courts
1921 W Gate City Blvd
Greensboro, NC 27403
QENY | Tournament Registration
- Event registration opens October 1, 2020 in Advanced Event Systems (AES)
- The entry and refund deadline is December 11, 2020, 5:00 PM EST. Teams must be entered and paid by this deadline to be considered for acceptance. Refunds will not be given after this deadline.
- Teams are permitted to register for the event without rosters. However, it is imperative that rosters be loaded into AES as soon as possible to ensure that coaches, team representatives, etc. receive vital tournament information via AES email. Rosters are required to remain eligible to compete at the tournament.
- ROSTER DEADLINE: December 30, 2020 (changes are permitted until January 1, 2020 - a 100% complete and accurate roster must be brought to check in - NO onsite changes).
- Teams play in mixed age divisions.
- REFUND POLICY: A full refund will be given with written notice to Lucky Dog Volleyball (email@example.com) if received by December 11, 2020, 5:00 PM EST. There will be no refunds for withdrawn or dropped teams after this date.
- Teams wishing to register after the deadline, or after a division has filled, may be placed on a waiting list. Teams will be notified if a spot opens up to accept the team.
- Checks will not be cashed for teams that are not accepted into the event.
- The hotel blocks will be available starting October 1, 2020.
QENY | Team Check-In
- All teams must check-in prior to their first match.
You must bring the official roster from AES at time of check-in
- The roster MUST be 100% complete and accurate. Roster changes may be made prior to check-in in AES through January 1. No changes at check-in!
- Team Staff will receive a wristband provided they are USAV members and background-screened. This pertains to coaching staff, chaperones, and team representatives. No duplicates will receive additional bands.
- Please note the check-in times and locations:
Friday, January 1:
- ALL TEAMS register between 7pm and 9pm at the Greensboro Coliseum only
Saturday Morning, January 2:
- Teams will check-in at the Coliseum: 7-11AM
- Friday, January 1:
QENY | Schedule Format
- Saturday play begins at 8AM, doors open at 7 AM.
- Sunday play starts at 8 AM. Doors open at 7 AM.
- Teams play in mixed age divisions on Saturday and then are split into their respective age divisions on Sunday, each age division crowning a champion
- More information will be posted on tournament format closer to the event
QENY | General Event Information
- Preorder Ticket Sales (available 11/9 through 12/28)
- Daily Admission: $10
- Weekend Pass: $15
- Purchase here
- On-Site Ticket Sales
- Daily Admission: $12
- Weekend Pass: $20
- Children Admission: Free (aged 6 and under only)
Event Day Ticket Sales (Saturday the 1ST and Sunday the 2ND):
- Greensboro Coliseum beginning at 7:00am
- Outside food is not allowed.
- Personal beverage containers are permitted.
- Coolers, stadium chairs, and large baggage are not allowed inside or outside of the facilities [lobby, playing venue, sidewalks].
- Team “camping” is prohibited.
- Boom boxes or portable speakers are not allowed to be used inside the facility unless they are connected to headphones.
- “Warm-up music” broadcasted from a speaker or sound system is not allowed.
- No tripods are allowed. A monopod may be used.
- Ball handling and horseplay is not allowed in the lobby areas.
- View Lucky Dog Volleyball's: Photo Policy
Balls & Ball Handling
Lucky Dog Volleyball will have balls and carts available for check-out for teams that are flying. Please indicate whether you will need to check-out balls, so we can have them available at your playing location.
- The tournament ball is the Molten Super Touch™.
- For the safety and protection of our guests, ball handling is not allowed off the playing court surface.
Parking is free of charge.
Teams finishing in 1st and 2nd places will be awarded a team award along with individual awards.
We have partnered with BallerTV to bring the showcase to college recruiters, parents and fans across the country. BallerTV will provide live video streaming for all courts throughout the event. Each player on a registered team's roster will receive one free package (see below). Please read the options on our BallerTV page before purchasing any additional access. This will ensure you only purchase what you need.
For more information on Greensboro, including things to do and restaurants, please visit https://www.visitgreensboronc.com/.
2020 College Recruiters Information & Registration
Colleges Attending (List will be posted as event approaches)
QENY is using University Athlete to provide electronic recruiting rosters and schedules in their easy to use University Athlete Recruiter app (available on iOS and Android devices). Log in to your UA account to purchase the event packet 1-2 weeks prior to the event.
REGISTER NOW ($25/Coach & $10/Additional Coach)
QENY is using University Athlete to provide electronic recruiting rosters to college coaches. College coaches use the UA mobile app at the event to find and evaluate athletes with the custom schedule feature. They upload their work to their online account and manage recruits from there.
UA obtains their rosters directly from AES. Sometimes there can be errors in the rosters, but your free UA Athlete profile will always overwrite incorrect data. Log in to your free UA Athlete profile 1-2 weeks before this event and check two things:
- That you are listed on the roster (on the Roster tab)
- That the following critical information is correct: graduation year, scholarship status, email, and phone number
To register for your profile: https://universityathlete.com/#/registration/athlete
To log in to your profile: https://universityathlete.com/#/login