QENY | Tournament Information
|Tournament Information||Teams||Schedule & Results||Tickets||
Hotels & Dining
Quest for Excellence New Year's Tournament | Tournament Information
Kick-off the beginning of the 2019/2020 season with us at the Quest for Excellence New Year’s Tournament (QENY), December 28-29, 2019. QENY (pronounced “Kenny”) is sanctioned by USA Volleyball through the North Carolina Region.
QENY | Event Locations
The tournament will take place at the Greensboro Sportsplex and the Simkins Sports Pavilion at Barber Park. Specifics on which age divisions play where will be given closer to the event.
Greensboro Sportsplex – 10 courts
2400 16th Street
Greensboro, NC 27405
Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion – 4 courts
1500 Barber Park Drive
Greensboro, NC 27401
QENY | Tournament Registration
- Event registration opens October 1, 2019 in Advanced Event Systems (AES)
- The entry and refund deadline is December 5, 2019, 5:00 PM EST. Teams must be entered and paid by this deadline to be considered for acceptance. Refunds will not be given after this deadline.
- Teams are permitted to register for the event without rosters. However, it is imperative that rosters be loaded into AES as soon as possible to ensure that coaches, team representatives, etc. receive vital tournament information via AES email. Rosters are required to remain eligible to compete at the tournament.
- ROSTER DEADLINE: December 20, 2019 (changes are permitted until December 27, 2019 - a 100% complete and accurate roster must be brought to check in - NO onsite changes).
- Teams play in mixed age divisions.
- REFUND POLICY: A full refund will be given with written notice to Lucky Dog Volleyball (firstname.lastname@example.org) if received by December 5, 2019, 5:00 PM EST. There will be no refunds for withdrawn or dropped teams after this date.
- Teams wishing to register after the deadline, or after a division has filled, may be placed on a waiting list. Teams will be notified if a spot opens up to accept the team.
- Checks will not be cashed for teams that are not accepted into the event.
- The hotel blocks will be available starting October 1, 2019.
QENY | Team Check-In
- All teams must check-in prior to their first match.
You must bring the official roster from AES at time of check-in
- The roster MUST be 100% complete and accurate. Roster changes may be made prior to check-in in AES through December 27. No changes at check-in!
- Team Staff will receive a wristband provided they are USAV members and background-screened. This pertains to coaching staff, chaperones, and team representatives. No duplicates will receive additional bands.
- Please note the check-in times and locations:
Friday, December 27:
- ALL TEAMS register between 7pm and 9pm at the Greensboro Sportsplex only
Saturday Morning, December 28:
- Teams will check-in at their designated playing location:
- Greensboro Sportsplex: 7-11 AM
- Simkins Pavilion: 7-11 AM
- Teams will check-in at their designated playing location:
- Friday, December 27:
QENY | Schedule Format
- Saturday play begins at 8AM, doors open at 7 AM.
- Sunday play starts at 8 AM. Doors open at 7 AM.
- Teams play in mixed age divisions on Saturday and then are split into their respective age divisions on Sunday, each age division crowning a champion
- More information will be posted on tournament format closer to the event
QENY | General Event Information
- Preorder Ticket Sales (available through 12/23)
- Daily Admission: $10
- Weekend Pass: $15
- Purchase here
- On-Site Ticket Sales
- Daily Admission: $12
- Weekend Pass: $20
- Children Admission: Free (aged 6 and under only)
Event Day Ticket Sales (Saturday the 25th and Sunday the 26th):
- Greensboro Sportsplex beginning at 7:00am
- Simkins Pavilion beginning at 7:00am
Facility Rules [Both Locations]
- Outside food is not allowed.
- Personal beverage containers are permitted.
- Coolers, stadium chairs, and large baggage are not allowed inside or outside of the facilities [lobby, playing venue, sidewalks].
- Team “camping” is prohibited.
- Boom boxes or portable speakers are not allowed to be used inside the facility unless they are connected to headphones.
- “Warm-up music” broadcasted from a speaker or sound system is not allowed.
- No tripods are allowed. A monopod may be used.
- Ball handling and horseplay is not allowed in the lobby areas.
- View Lucky Dog Volleyball's: Photo Policy
Balls & Ball Handling [Both Locations]
Lucky Dog Volleyball will have balls and carts available for check-out for teams that are flying. Please indicate whether you will need to check-out balls, so we can have them available at your playing location.
- The tournament ball is the Molten Super Touch™.
- For the safety and protection of our guests, ball handling is not allowed off the playing court surface.
Parking at both facilities is free of charge.
Teams finishing in 1st and 2nd places will be awarded a team award along with individual awards.
For more information on Greensboro, including things to do and restaurants, please visit https://www.visitgreensboronc.com/.
2019 College Recruiters Information & Registration
Colleges Attending (List will be posted as event approaches)
QENY is using University Athlete to provide electronic recruiting rosters and schedules in their easy to use University Athlete Recruiter app (available on iOS and Android devices). Log in to your UA account to purchase the event packet 1-2 weeks prior to the event.
REGISTER NOW ($25/Coach & $10/Additional Coach)
QENY is using University Athlete to provide electronic recruiting rosters to college coaches. College coaches use the UA mobile app at the event to find and evaluate athletes with the custom schedule feature. They upload their work to their online account and manage recruits from there.
UA obtains their rosters directly from AES. Sometimes there can be errors in the rosters, but your free UA Athlete profile will always overwrite incorrect data. Log in to your free UA Athlete profile 1-2 weeks before this event and check two things:
- That you are listed on the roster (on the Roster tab)
- That the following critical information is correct: graduation year, scholarship status, email, and phone number
To register for your profile: https://universityathlete.com/#/registration/athlete
To log in to your profile: https://universityathlete.com/#/login