20% OFF YOUR FIRST PURCHASE WHEN YOU SUBSCRIBE! Be the first to get your paws on new products, discounts, special offers, exclusive announcements and more!
|Schedule & Format
Quest for Excellence Tournament | Tournament Information
REGISTRATION BEGINS SEPTEMBER 5TH!!
January 4-5, 2025
QENY (pronounced “Kenny”) is sanctioned by USA Volleyball through the North Carolina Region.
QENY | Event Location
419 Twins Way
Advance, NC 27006
- QENY is a great way to get the season started!
- This tournament was designed to allow new teams to play with multiple line-ups in a low risk environment and have as many ball touches as possible.
- The QENY format has a minimum match guarantee of 6 GAMES!
- The QENY format of 3 age divisions improves the odds for competitive play in all matches.
- The QENY format allows teams to play Saturday then re-sort the teams for Sunday when they compete for their individual age division. Saturday determines who you play Sunday. Basically, no matter what happens, you have a chance of winning Sunday!
QENY | Tournament Registration
- Event registration opens September 5, 2024 in Advanced Event Systems (AES)
- The entry and refund deadline is December 13, 2024, 5:00 PM EST. Teams must be entered and paid by this deadline to be considered for acceptance. Refunds will not be given after this deadline.
- Teams are permitted to register for the event without rosters. However, it is imperative that rosters be loaded into AES as soon as possible to ensure that coaches, team representatives, etc. receive vital tournament information via AES email. Rosters are required to remain eligible to compete at the tournament.
- ROSTER DEADLINE: January 3, 2025 (100% complete and accurate roster must be submitted by January 3, via AES)
- Teams play in mixed age divisions.
- REFUND POLICY: A full refund will be given with written notice to Lucky Dog Volleyball (firstname.lastname@example.org) if received by December 13, 2024, 5:00 PM EST. There will be no refunds for withdrawn or dropped teams after this date. Teams that must drop due to Covid related issues will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Teams wishing to register after the deadline, or after a division has filled, may be placed on a waiting list. Teams will be notified if a spot opens up to accept the team.
- Checks will not be cashed for teams that are not accepted into the event.
- The hotel blocks will be available starting September 5, 2024.
QENY | Team Check-In
There will be no in person Team Check-In.
- All team will be responsible for checking in via AES.
- Team Check-In Opens Wednesday, January 1st at 12 a.m.
- Deadline to Check-In your team is Friday, January 3rd at 6 p.m.
- There will be no onsite roster changes. All roster changes must be made by Friday, January 3rd at 6 p.m.
- Lucky Dog will provide 3 Entry Wrist bands per team. It is up to the head coach on how these are used. These 3 wristbands can be picked up when you arrive on Saturday. Location for pick up will be at the Player/Coach Entrance(right side of the building).
QENY | Schedule Format
- Saturday play begins at 8AM, doors open at 7 AM.
- Sunday play starts at 8 AM. Doors open at 7 AM.
- Teams play in mixed age divisions on Saturday and then are split into their respective age divisions on Sunday, each age division crowning a champion
- More information will be posted on tournament format closer to the event
QENY | General Event Information
- Preorder Ticket Sales (available 11/01/24 through 12/30/24)
- On-Site Ticket Sales
- Daily Admission: $12
- Weekend Pass: $20
- Children Admission: Free (aged 6 and under only)
Event Day Ticket Sales (Saturday the 6th and Sunday the 7th):
- Rise Indoor Sports at 7:00am
- Outside food is not allowed.
- Personal beverage containers are permitted.
- Coolers, stadium chairs, and large baggage are not allowed inside or outside of the facilities [lobby, playing venue, sidewalks].
- Team “camping” is prohibited.
- Boom boxes or portable speakers are not allowed to be used inside the facility unless they are connected to headphones.
- “Warm-up music” broadcasted from a speaker or sound system is not allowed.
- No tripods are allowed. A monopod may be used.
- Ball handling and horseplay is not allowed in the lobby areas.
- View Lucky Dog Volleyball's: Photo Policy
Balls & Ball Handling
Lucky Dog Volleyball will have balls and carts available for check-out for teams that are flying. Please email email@example.com if you will need to check-out balls, so we can have them available at your playing location.
- The tournament ball is the Molten Super Touch™.
- For the safety and protection of our guests, ball handling is not allowed off the playing court surface.
Parking is $5/day
Click here to see hotel offers and book your stay today.
Teams finishing in 1st and 2nd places will be awarded a team award along with individual awards.
2024 College Recruiters Information & Registration
Colleges Attending (List will be posted as event approaches)
QENY is using University Athlete to provide electronic recruiting rosters and schedules in their easy to use University Athlete Recruiter app (available on iOS and Android devices). Log in to your UA account to purchase the event packet 1-2 weeks prior to the event.
REGISTER NOW ($25/Coach & $10/Additional Coach)
QENY is using University Athlete to provide electronic recruiting rosters to college coaches. College coaches use the UA mobile app at the event to find and evaluate athletes with the custom schedule feature. They upload their work to their online account and manage recruits from there.
UA obtains their rosters directly from AES. Sometimes there can be errors in the rosters, but your free UA Athlete profile will always overwrite incorrect data. Log in to your free UA Athlete profile 1-2 weeks before this event and check two things:
- That you are listed on the roster (on the Roster tab)
- That the following critical information is correct: graduation year, scholarship status, email, and phone number
To register for your profile: https://universityathlete.com/#/registration/athlete
To log in to your profile: https://universityathlete.com/#/login