QENY | Tournament Information
|Tournament Information||Teams||Schedule & Results||Tickets||Event Sponsors|
Quest for Excellence New Year's Tournament | Tournament Information
January 1-2, 2022
QENY (pronounced “Kenny”) is sanctioned by USA Volleyball through the North Carolina Region.
QENY | Event Location
419 Twins Way
Advance, NC 27006
QENY | Tournament Registration
- Event registration opens October 1, 2021 in Advanced Event Systems (AES)
- The entry and refund deadline is December 10, 2021, 5:00 PM EST. Teams must be entered and paid by this deadline to be considered for acceptance. Refunds will not be given after this deadline.
- Teams are permitted to register for the event without rosters. However, it is imperative that rosters be loaded into AES as soon as possible to ensure that coaches, team representatives, etc. receive vital tournament information via AES email. Rosters are required to remain eligible to compete at the tournament.
- ROSTER DEADLINE: December 30, 2021 (100% complete and accurate roster must be submitted by December 31, via AES)
- Teams play in mixed age divisions.
- REFUND POLICY: A full refund will be given with written notice to Lucky Dog Volleyball (email@example.com) if received by December 10, 2021, 5:00 PM EST. There will be no refunds for withdrawn or dropped teams after this date. Teams that must drop due to Covid related issues will be. considered on a case by case basis.
- Teams wishing to register after the deadline, or after a division has filled, may be placed on a waiting list. Teams will be notified if a spot opens up to accept the team.
- Checks will not be cashed for teams that are not accepted into the event.
- The hotel blocks will be available starting October 1, 2021.
QENY | Team Check-In
There will be no in person Team Check-In.
- All team will be responsible for checking in via AES.
- Team Check-In Opens Wednesday, December 29th at 9 a.m.
- Deadline to Check-In your team is Friday, December 31st at 8 p.m.
- There will be no onsite roster changes. All roster changes must be made by Friday, December 31st at 8 p.m.
- Lucky Dog will provide 3 Entry Wrist bands per team. It is up to the head coach on how these are used. These 3 wristbands can be picked up when you arrive on Saturday. Location for pick up will be at the Player/Coach Entrance(right side of the building).
QENY | Schedule Format
- Saturday play begins at 8AM, doors open at 7 AM.
- Sunday play starts at 8 AM. Doors open at 7 AM.
- Teams play in mixed age divisions on Saturday and then are split into their respective age divisions on Sunday, each age division crowning a champion
- More information will be posted on tournament format closer to the event
QENY | General Event Information
- Preorder Ticket Sales (available 10/01 through 12/28)
- Daily Admission: $10
- Weekend Pass: $15
- Purchase here
- On-Site Ticket Sales
- Daily Admission: $12
- Weekend Pass: $20
- Children Admission: Free (aged 6 and under only)
Event Day Ticket Sales (Saturday the 1ST and Sunday the 2ND):
- Rise Indoor Sports at 7:00am
- Outside food is not allowed.
- Personal beverage containers are permitted.
- Coolers, stadium chairs, and large baggage are not allowed inside or outside of the facilities [lobby, playing venue, sidewalks].
- Team “camping” is prohibited.
- Boom boxes or portable speakers are not allowed to be used inside the facility unless they are connected to headphones.
- “Warm-up music” broadcasted from a speaker or sound system is not allowed.
- No tripods are allowed. A monopod may be used.
- Ball handling and horseplay is not allowed in the lobby areas.
- View Lucky Dog Volleyball's: Photo Policy
Balls & Ball Handling
Lucky Dog Volleyball will have balls and carts available for check-out for teams that are flying. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you will need to check-out balls, so we can have them available at your playing location.
- The tournament ball is the Molten Super Touch™.
- For the safety and protection of our guests, ball handling is not allowed off the playing court surface.
Parking is $5/day
Teams finishing in 1st and 2nd places will be awarded a team award along with individual awards.
We have partnered with BallerTV to bring the showcase to college recruiters, parents and fans across the country. BallerTV will provide live video streaming for all courts throughout the event. Each team will receive 6 free coupon codes to access the event. Please click here to see the full BallerTV package your team will receive. Please read the options on our BallerTV page before purchasing any additional access. This will ensure you only purchase what you need.
2022 College Recruiters Information & Registration
Colleges Attending (List will be posted as event approaches)
QENY is using University Athlete to provide electronic recruiting rosters and schedules in their easy to use University Athlete Recruiter app (available on iOS and Android devices). Log in to your UA account to purchase the event packet 1-2 weeks prior to the event.
REGISTER NOW ($25/Coach & $10/Additional Coach)
QENY is using University Athlete to provide electronic recruiting rosters to college coaches. College coaches use the UA mobile app at the event to find and evaluate athletes with the custom schedule feature. They upload their work to their online account and manage recruits from there.
UA obtains their rosters directly from AES. Sometimes there can be errors in the rosters, but your free UA Athlete profile will always overwrite incorrect data. Log in to your free UA Athlete profile 1-2 weeks before this event and check two things:
- That you are listed on the roster (on the Roster tab)
- That the following critical information is correct: graduation year, scholarship status, email, and phone number
To register for your profile: https://universityathlete.com/#/registration/athlete
To log in to your profile: https://universityathlete.com/#/login